Mini Utopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Audition (I know this is late)

4 posters

Go down

My Audition (I know this is late) Empty My Audition (I know this is late)

Post  5qwerty Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:29 pm

5qwerty

1. Let’s start with an easy one. How did you hear about Mini Utopia?
Link on SSBBlitz.

2. Alright. Why do you want to join the development team?
I'm highly curious to see what kind of game this will turn out to be, especially after Password mentioned that this game is still being worked on. If there's that level of commitment, I want to see what's pushing this game so far.

3. What area(s) of game development appeal(s) to you?
Spriting, Music, Mapping.

4. What are you planning to contribute to the project(s)?
Graphics and Music, mostly. Possibly mapping.

5. Please give us an example of your best work in all of the disciplines that you listed above. It is preferred that your examples be things that you made entirely by yourself, but this is not required.
Music: http://www.mediafire.com/?q9mtficbf0ditm5 (Not recent)
As for graphics and mapping, I don't know what kind you want. There is a time limit on my computer use at the moment being, and I cannot post any graphics anyway.

6. Are you committed to seeing Mini Utopia’s game projects through to their end?
All I can really say is I'll try my best not to get caught up in other stuff. (But since it's summer, I should be good for the next 2 months)

7. Any closing comments?
No, not really.

5qwerty

Back to top Go down

My Audition (I know this is late) Empty Re: My Audition (I know this is late)

Post  Password Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:00 am

Well, this is certainly a happy surprise.
I guess we could use all the help we can get, so I'd say yes. However, I'll wait for Brik and [:]'s opinions.

Password

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Wizard Cop Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Hey Qwerty, nice to see ya!

Music was interesting. Instruments could use some work though. Would you like to try something with ORG maker?

Could we see some of your recent sprites and maps please?

DJ Wizard Cop

Back to top Go down

Post  5qwerty Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:01 pm

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:Hey Qwerty, nice to see ya!

Music was interesting. Instruments could use some work though. Would you like to try something with ORG maker?

Could we see some of your recent sprites and maps please?
Yeah, I'll try the music stuff.

As for recent sprites, I don't have any. I could make some after my exams tomorrow. Can you specify which kind of sprite work you're looking for?

5qwerty

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Wizard Cop Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Platformer type sprites ideally, but anything works. If it's pretty, we'll like it.

DJ Wizard Cop

Back to top Go down

Post  Brikmaethor Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:19 pm

My, it has been a long time, hasn't it? Good to see you, 5qwerty. Have I ever mentioned that I love how easy it is to type your name?

Anyroad, as far as level design, which is what I believe you mean by "mapping", here is what I would like to see:

Design a level for a platformer-type game in which the player can turn the screen at 90 degree angles. Doing so affects gravity, which always draws objects to the bottom of the screen.

Consider the following:
- Other than manipulating gravity, the player character can only run, jump and crouch.
- Your level should include enemies. Detail their behaviour. i.e. What they do, if/how they react to the player/changes in gravity.
- The player character's size and jump height are up to you.
- Your level should be moderately challenging to complete.

As for sprites, show us example of what you want to make for our games. If you want to make characters, show us characters. If you want to make tiles, show us tiles. Bushes? Show us bushes. Etc.
Brikmaethor
Brikmaethor
Admin

Location : Soaring through the air. Like an eagle. Piloting a blimp.

https://miniutopia.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  5qwerty Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Brikmaethor wrote:My, it has been a long time, hasn't it? Good to see you, 5qwerty. Have I ever mentioned that I love how easy it is to type your name?

Anyroad, as far as level design, which is what I believe you mean by "mapping", here is what I would like to see:

Design a level for a platformer-type game in which the player can turn the screen at 90 degree angles. Doing so affects gravity, which always draws objects to the bottom of the screen.

Consider the following:
- Other than manipulating gravity, the player character can only run, jump and crouch.
- Your level should include enemies. Detail their behaviour. i.e. What they do, if/how they react to the player/changes in gravity.
- The player character's size and jump height are up to you.
- Your level should be moderately challenging to complete.

As for sprites, show us example of what you want to make for our games. If you want to make characters, show us characters. If you want to make tiles, show us tiles. Bushes? Show us bushes. Etc.
Gack, that's not what I meant by mapping. I thought that this might have been a 2-D overworld game, because I do have some experience in creating maps (through my Pkmn Game Making experience). I also tried to make it, but I fail desperately, so I'm not even going to try it anymore.

I had to go fishing with my grandparents today, so I did not have a chance at the sprites. However, all my exams are done, so I am free to go tomorrow.

5qwerty

Back to top Go down

Post  Brikmaethor Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Ah, I see. If you would like to show examples of work in that area, feel free.
Brikmaethor
Brikmaethor
Admin

Location : Soaring through the air. Like an eagle. Piloting a blimp.

https://miniutopia.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  5qwerty Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:47 pm

My Audition (I know this is late) Auditionw

Crap, I failed.

5qwerty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum